You are here
Scorecard | USGA Rating
Family Course Scorecard
To help golfers know the yardage and par for each new forward tee location and course rating, U.S. Kids Golf has developed a Scorecard Template to download and customize to your course.
Scorecard Template Instructions
- Once the Forward Tees have been installed and you have contacted your State or Regional Golf Association for a Course Rating, enter the final hole-by-hole par, yardage and Course Rating for Level 1 and Level 2 Forward Tees on the Scorecard Template.
- Insert your course logo in the designated area on the Scorecard Template. Make necessary changes to the text or images on the Scorecard Template (i.e. Local Rules, Junior Club Champions, etc.)
- The Scorecard Template is formatted to print on 8.5” x 11” paper. We recommend that the Scorecard Template be printed on a colored, heavy stock paper.
- To print the Scorecard Template in Excel, click “File, Print” and in Settings change the default to “Print on Both Sides: Flip Pages on Short Edge."
- Make the Family Course Scorecard available with the regulation scorecard in the golf shop, starters booth and/or on the first and tenth tees.
USGA Course Rating
The Level 1 and Level 2 Forward Tees are eligible for a USGA Course Rating™ which will allow players to establish handicaps from the Level 1 and Level 2 Forward Tees.
In order to obtain a USGA Course Rating™ for the Forward Tees the golf course must meet the requirements established by the USGA. These requirements include but are not limited to:
- Membership of a State or Regional Golf Association that is recognized by the USGA.
- Level 1 Forward Tees must meet the minimum standard yardage of 1,500 on nine-holes and 3,000 on eighteen-holes.
- At least one hole per each nine-holes must be a minimum of 250 yards.
To obtain a USGA Course Rating™ for the Level 1 and Level 2 Forward Tees contact your men's and women's State or Regional Golf Association.
Developing a Handicap
Upon request, the State or Regional Golf Association will rate courses at a minimum of 1500 yards or more for nine holes, as long as one hole is a at least 250 yards long. Once Forward Tee 1 and Forward Tee 2 are installed and rated, scores may be posted and handicaps can be established.
Family Course Promotional Sheet
To help support the Family Course program at your facility, the two Family Course promotional sheets linked below can be printed and displayed in and around the golf shop.
© 2004-2014. US Kids Golf, LLC. All rights reserved