You are here
Before the Round
- Arrive at the golf course about an hour before your player's tee time, depending on how long he or she needs to warm up.
- Find the Player Registration table and check-in with the U.S. Kids Golf staff.
- Visit the Pro Shop and purchase driving range balls. Spectators may also rent carts from the Pro Shop (if available).
- Make sure you have snacks, drinks, and sunscreen for you and your player during the round.
- Put some tees, a golf ball, a divot repair tool, a pencil, and a coin or ballmarker in your pocket.
- After the player warms up on the driving range and practice putting green, arrive at the No. 1 or No. 10 at least 10 minutes before the player's tee time. The player's starting hole will be indicated on the list of tee times.
During the Round
- Carry your player's bag and enjoy your time walking with them.
- Get to know all of the players and caddies in your group.
- You may help players look for their golf ball, determine distance to the hole, rake bunkers, fix divots in fairways, repair ballmarks on greens, and remove/replace the flagstick on the green.
- After every hole, write down the scores of your player and the player he/she is keeping score for.
- Help your player with making strategies and decisions in a timely manner.
- Encourage your player after both good and bad shots, and make sure he/she is having fun.
After the Round
- Immediately go to the scoring area with the other player(s) in your group.
- Check your scorecard and verify that the scores are correct.
- Each player must sign two scorecards: his/her official scorecard, and the scorecard he/she kept for another player in the group.
- Go to the scoreboard and see how the other players played.
- Talk with other players and parents while you wait for the Awards Ceremony to begin.
© 2004-2017. US Kids Golf, LLC. All rights reserved